加入 | FAQ | 聯絡我們
全部區域 > 靈修與祈禱生活 > 每日禮讚分享 > 聖嘉祿之最後會議的演講詞–言行要相符

頁:  1 回 應
作者 內容

Ignatius

Posted -
2006/11/7 下午 09:30:17

聖嘉祿之最後會議的演講詞–言行要相符

我承認,我們都是軟弱的;可是主天主賜給了許多方法,如果我們願意,便可用來輕易地尋獲助佑。有一位司鐸願意度一個無可指摘的生活,他明知他有此義務,他該保持貞潔並該像天使一般度生;然而他卻不下定決心利用種種方法:守齋、祈禱、避免不良的交往、有害而危險的親暱等。

另一位司鐸,當他詠唱日課經時,或舉行彌撒時,常抱怨說,千百思想都湧上心頭,使他遠離天主。可是在詠唱日課經或舉行彌撒之前,他曾在更衣室作了什麼呢?他曾如何準備了自己、並用了什麼方法來收斂心神呢?

你願意我教導你如何日進於德嗎?或者你詠唱日課經時已相當注意,你願意我教導你下次更加注意,為使你的讚頌更能悅樂天主嗎?請你好好聽我所講的話。如果在你心中點燃了一星愛主之火,不要立即顯示出來,不要把它暴露在風中;要把火爐門關好,以免散失了熱力。意思是說:你要盡力逃避分心走意,要收斂心神而與天主遊,要避免輕浮的談話。

你負有宣講和訓誨的職責嗎?你要研讀,專心致力於為善盡職責所需要的一切。你所掛慮的,首先是以你的生活和操守來宣講;不要讓人看到你言行不符,而搖頭譏笑你的宣講。

你負有牧靈之職嗎?不要因此而忽略你自己的本分;不要過份慷慨地照顧別人,而致無暇注意自己。因為你該想念著你所照顧的靈魂,卻也不該忘記你自己。

弟兄們,你們要了解,對獻身於教會的人說,沒有比心禱更重要的。這種祈禱應導引、伴同並追隨我們的一切行動。先知說:「我要歌唱,我要默想。」弟兄啊,如果你施行聖事,你要默想你所行的聖事;如果你舉行彌撒,你要默想你所奉獻的聖祭;如果你詠唱日課經,你要默想,你向誰說話,和你說什麼;如果你指導人靈,便要默想他們是用寶血所洗滌的;「你們作這一切要出於愛。」這樣,我們便能易於克服無數的困難–這是由於我們的地位,每天必然要遭遇的。這樣,我們才有力量,在我們內並在他人內產生基督。

(11月4日.聖嘉祿鮑榮茂主教紀念日誦讀)

Ignatius

Posted -
2006/11/8 上午 10:49:13

A sermon by St Charles Borromeo
Practise what you preach

I admit that we are all weak, but if we want help, the Lord God has given us the means to find it easily. One priest may wish to lead a good, holy life, as he knows he should. He may wish to be chaste and to reflect heavenly virtues in the way he lives. Yet he does not resolve to use suitable means, such as penance, prayer, the avoidance of evil discussions and harmful and dangerous friendships. Another priest complains that as soon as he comes into church to pray the office or to celebrate Mass, a thousand thoughts fill his mind and distract him from God. But what was he doing in the sacristy before he came out for the office or for Mass? How did he prepare? What means did he use to collect his thoughts and to remain recollected?

Would you like me to teach you how to grow from virtue to virtue and how, if you are already recollected at prayer, you can be even more attentive next time, and so give God more pleasing worship? Listen, and I will tell you. If a tiny spark of God’s love already burns within you, do not expose it to the wind, for it may get blown out. Keep the stove tightly shut so that it will not lose its heat and grow cold. In other words, avoid distractions as well as you can. Stay quiet with God. Do not spend your time in useless chatter.

If teaching and preaching is your job, then study diligently and apply yourself to whatever is necessary for doing the job well. Be sure that you first preach by the way you live. If you do not, people will notice that you say one thing, but live otherwise, and your words will bring only cynical laughter and a derisive shake of the head.

Are you in charge of a parish? If so, do not neglect the parish of your own soul, do not give yourself to others so completely that you have nothing left for yourself. You have to be mindful of your people without becoming forgetful of yourself.

My brothers, you must realise that for us churchmen nothing is more necessary than meditation. We must meditate before, during and after everything we do. The prophet says: I will pray, and then I will understand. When you administer the sacraments, meditate on what you are doing. When you celebrate Mass, reflect on the sacrifice you are offering. When you pray the office, think about the words you are saying and the Lord to whom you are speaking. When you take care of your people, meditate on how the Lord’s blood that has washed them clean so that all that you do becomes a work of love.

This is the way we can easily overcome the countless difficulties we have to face day after day, which, after all, are part of our work: in meditation we find the strength to bring Christ to birth in ourselves and in other men.

頁:  1 回 應