全部區域 > 靈修與祈禱生活 > 每日禮讚分享 > 亞歷山大主教聖濟利祿若望福音釋義–基督為救眾人的生命而捐軀

頁:  1 回 應
作者 內容

Bro. Ignatius

Posted -
2007/4/25 上午 08:57:35

亞歷山大主教聖濟利祿若望福音釋義–基督為救眾人的生命而捐軀

主說:我為眾人而死,好使眾人因我而獲得生命;我用我的肉體救贖了眾人的肉體。因為「死亡」將因我的死亡而死;那墮落的人性將和我一起復活起來。

因此,我與你們一樣,成為亞巴郎的後裔,好使我在一切事上和眾弟兄相似。聖保祿對此有正確的了解,他說:「孩子既然都有同樣的血肉,祂照樣也取了一樣的血肉,為能藉著死亡、毀滅那握有死亡的權勢者–魔鬼。」

死亡本身及操死亡權者,是從不能用其他方式被摧毀的;只有基督一人為了救贖眾人,為我們自作犧牲,才能做到:因為祂是眾人之首。

因此,聖詠中談到,基督在為了我們將自己奉獻給天父作為無玷犧牲時,也說:「犧牲與素祭,已非你所喜,就給了我身體;全燔之祭以及贖罪之祭,也已非你所要。於是我說;看哪,我已來到。」

但基督是代替眾人、也是為了眾人被釘而死,這樣祂藉一人之死代替整個人類之死,使我們眾人、都在祂內獲得生命。因為祂不可能被死亡戰勝,本性原是生命的那位也不可能屈服於腐朽。但是基督卻為了世人的生命而犧牲了祂的身體,有祂的話為我們作證,祂說:「聖父啊!保全他們吧!」又說:「我為了他們,祝聖我自己。」

基督說:「我祝聖我自己」,也就是說:我奉獻我自己,作為馨香無玷的祭品。因為按法律的說法,凡獻於祭台上的祭品,都被稱為「被祝聖者」。所以,基督為了眾人的生命獻出祂的肉體,作為祭品;然後祂藉著祂的肉體,在我們內種植了生命。這如何完成呢?讓我盡力說明。

天主的生活之言居住於肉體內之後,就改造肉體,使它改善,亦即加強它的生命;由於祂以無可言喻的方式,完全與肉身結合,便使它成為生命之源,正如祂自己按本性就是生命之源一樣。

因此,基督的肉體使那與祂結合的人獲得生命。基督的肉體驅逐死亡,因為祂曾在有死的人當中生活過;祂也驅除腐朽,因為在祂身內住有聖言,能完全消滅腐朽。

(復活期第三週星期六)

Bro. Ignatius

Posted -
2007/4/25 上午 09:01:13

From a commentary on the gospel of John by Saint Cyril of Alexandria
Christ gave his own body for the life of all men

“I am dying for all men”, says the Lord. “I am dying to give them life through myself and to redeem the whole human race through my humanity. In my death, death itself will die and man’s fallen nature will rise again with me. I wanted to be like my brothers in every respect, so I became a man like you, a descendant of Abraham”. Understanding this well Saint Paul says: As the children of a family share the same flesh and blood, he too shared our human nature so that by his death he could destroy the power of the devil, the prince of death. Death itself and the prince of death could be destroyed only by Christ, who is above all, giving himself up as a ransom for all.
And so, speaking as a spotless victim offering himself for us to God the Father, Christ says in one of the psalms: You desired no sacrifices or offerings, but you have prepared a body for me. You took no pleasure in holocausts or sin offerings. Then I said, “Behold, I am coming”. He was crucified for all, desiring his one death for all to give all of us life in him. It was impossible for him to be conquered by death; nor could he who by his very nature is life be subject to corruption. Yet we know that Christ offered his flesh for the life of the world from his own prayer, Holy Father, protect them, and from his words, For their sake I consecrate myself. By saying that he consecrates himself he means that he offers himself to God as a spotless and sweet-smelling sacrifice. According to the law, anything offered upon the altar was consecrated and considered holy. So Christ gave his own body for the life of all, and makes it the channel through which life flows once more into us. How he does this I will explain to the best of my ability.
When the life-giving Word of God dwelt in human flesh, he changed it into that good thing which is distinctively his, namely, life; and by being wholly united to the flesh in a a way beyond our comprehension, he gave it the life-giving power which he has by his very nature. Therefore, the body of Christ gives life to those who receive it. Its presence in mortal men expels death and drives away corruption because it contains within itself in his entirety the Word who totally abolishes corruption.

頁:  1 回 應